Arrests and other crime information in the area, directly from MPD. If you have a tip, you can always call 202-727-9099. You can also send info anonymously to the TEXT TIP LINE by texting 50411. Crime Solvers of Washington, DC currently offers a reward of up to $1,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and indictment of the person or persons responsible for a crime committed in the District of Columbia.
- MPD Investigating Traffic Fatality in Southeast DC
Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Major Crash Investigations Unit are investigating the death of a man after a traffic crash.
On Saturday, January 27, 2024, a pick-up truck was parked in the 600 block of L Street SE. At approximately 0140 hours, a male pedestrian walked westbound, in the street, in the direction of the truck. As the pedestrian reached the driver’s side door, the pick-up truck began to move and struck the pedestrian.
The pedestrian was transported to a local hospital where he died from his injuries.
The decedent has been identified as 37-year-old Torre Desmond Gray Sr., of Temple Hills, MD.
The driver of the truck fled the scene but later contacted police.
The preliminary investigation revealed that the driver of the vehicle and the decedent knew each other.
- Shooting Last Night (01/26) on the 1200 Block of I Street SE
Several of you have already reached out to me directly, but I wanted to share information regarding a shooting that took place last night around the 1200 block of I Street SE.
MPD shared that two individuals sustained gunshot injuries, but they did not appear to be life threatening. MPD is working with DCHA Police on the investigation and have been collecting and reviewing video footage. MPD asks that anyone with information or video to contact them at 202-727-9099 or text 50411.
I will share any additional relevant information that I receive related to this incident.
Commissioner, ANC 6B08
- Arrests Made in Robbery Offenses
The Metropolitan Police Department announces arrests in recent Robbery offenses in Washington, DC.
– Wednesday, January 24, 2024 29-year-old Datia Jackson, of Northeast, DC, was arrested for an Armed Robbery (Knife) offense that occurred in the 800 block of Bladensburg Road, Northeast. CCN: 23210862
– Wednesday, January 24, 2024 A 14-year-old juvenile male, of Northeast, DC, was arrested for Robbery and Destruction of Property offenses that occurred in the 200 block of Harry Thomas Way, Northeast, on Monday, December 25, 2023. CCN: 23208763. He was additionally charged with Carjacking and Unlawful Entry of a Motor Vehicle stemming from an incident that occurred in the 300 block of V Street, Northeast, on Thursday, December 28, 2023. CCN: 23208763
– Friday, January 26, 2024 A 16-year-old juvenile male of Southeast, DC, was arrested for a Robbery offense that occurred in the 900 block of F Street, Northeast, on December 23, 2023. CCN: 23207937
- MPD Seeks a Vehicle involved in an Aggravated Assault
Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Fifth District seek the public’s assistance in identifying and locating a vehicle involved in an aggravated assault that occurred in the Northeast.
On Thursday, February 2, 2024, at approximately 3:43 a.m., Fifth District officers responded to the 300 block of Florida Avenue, Northeast, for the report of an accident. Upon arrival, officers located an adult male suffering from non-life-threatening injuries. The victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
The detectives’ investigation revealed that the victim was riding his electric scooter on the sidewalk in the 300 block of Florida Avenue, Northeast. The suspects’ vehicle collided with the scooter from behind. The suspects then exited the vehicle and assaulted the victim. The suspects got back in the vehicle and fled the scene.
The suspects’ vehicle was captured by a surveillance camera and can be seen in the photo above.
- MPD Arrests Porch Pirate After Package Theft Operation
Officers from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Fifth District have arrested a man after conducting an operation aimed at curbing package theft.
On Wednesday, January 31, 2024, the Fifth District’s Crime Suppression Team (CST) deployed two decoy packages, each containing an AirTag, on the steps of a private residence in the 1500 block of Gales Street, Northeast. Both packages had the shipping labels and markings of a popular e-commerce company, and both were addressed to the Fifth District Commander.
At approximately 1:29 p.m., the suspect crossed onto private property, placed both packages in a large bag, and walked off. The officers then tracked the AirTags and apprehended the suspect.
On Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 59-year-old Gregory Fogle, of Southeast, DC, was arrested for Theft II.