Yes, this list is not going out on its regular Wednesday: You can thank life and the February break for that one. I can tell you, however, that the narwhal display at Natural History features a still from the “Narwhals” video, so there’s a bit of earworm for you all.
What’s playing around the Hill and around town this week, besides “Narwhals”? Let’s go!
On or near the Hill:
Rock & Roll Hotel, 1353 H Street NE, features the following:
- Friday, February 22, Mija, 8 p.m.
- Saturday, February 23, October ’71, 9 p.m.
- Thursday, February 28, Vundabar, 7:30 p.m.
Pearl Street Warehouse, 33 Pearl Street SW, has the following acts:
- Friday, February 22, singer-songwriter Danny Burns and Bellwether Bayou (free show!).
- Saturday, February 23, Goose and Surprise Attack .
- Sunday, February 24, Southwest Soul Sessions with Elijah Balbed and Isabelle De Leon (free show!).
City Winery, 1350 Okie Street NE, has the following line-up (tickets):
- February 20 – Men at Large, The Rude Boys
- February 21 – Charlie Mars in the Wine Garden; doors at 7pm, show at 8:30pm
- February 22 – Rhett Miller Acoustic
- February 22 – The Husbands Live in the Wine Garden; doors at 7:30pm, show at 8:30pm
- February 23 – Procol Harum: Still There’ll Be More Tour
- February 23 – Black Alley in the Wine Garden; doors at 8pm, show at 10pm
- February 24 – Ms. Anita Wilson
- February 26 – Son Little with Christopher Paul Stelling
Are you familiar with Capital Bop, a non-profit dedicated to “preserving, promoting and presenting jazz in Washington, D.C.”? They are bringing a great show to the Corner Store, 900 South Carolina Avenue, this Saturday February 23. Trumpet Player Nate Wooley and his band will share an evening in support of Wooley’s newest release, Columbia Icefield. Wooley’s trumpet is expressive and tormented, and at times sounds like a primal scream. For tickets and info, click here.
Baby Goth, March 2 at Songbyrd
Jai Wolf, April 10 at 9:30 Club
MDRN LV, April 27 at Rock & Roll Hotel
Craig Finn and the Uptown Controllers, June 15 at Rock & Roll Hotel
Do you have tickets for ShamrockFest yet? The bash is coming back to the RFK Stadium grounds on Saturday, March 23, not just to torment Hill East neighbors but also to bring great acts such as the Mighty Mighty Bosstones and Andrew W.K. For tickets and more info, click here.