Welcome to another lovely scorching hot summer day in DC! I feel like August started two months early this year and is showing no signs of ending. If we get cheated out of beautiful fall weather, Mother Nature and I are going to have to have a little talk. We had too short of a spring, and we deserve a reward for suffering through so many 90-degree days, damn it! I hope you’re keeping cool somewhere with a strong air conditioner, unless you’re in a pool…in which case I don’t want to know because then I’ll just be jealous and cranky. And trust me, you don’t want that!
I realize this week’s links are very H Street-heavy but it seems as though that’s where all the action is right now. Sip your coffee because there have been a lot of great items of interest in the last week.
- After a the death of a DDOT US Department of Transportation employee who was struck by a dump truck on M Street, SE — only months after another employee was involved killed in a similar accident — US Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood expressed his concerns and commitment to improving pedestrian safety on the busy street. (h/t JDLand)
- Urban Turf ran a long feature on Hill East.
- ANC 6B Commissioner Norm Metzger took a look at various paving options for F Street Terrace.
- On Tap ran a delicious piece on Dangerously Delicious Pies.
- NBC4 Checked out Temporium on H Street.
- The Washington Post featured Cornercopia, one of my favorite corner stores in the neighborhood.
- Prince of Petworth‘s readers weighed in on Ethiopic, with a mix of reviews. For the record, I’m a fan!
- Ted Xenohristos from Cava took on last week’s 5 Bites on Metrocurean.
- Capital Cooking shared some information on Smith Commons, which will open on H Street this fall.
- The Arugula Files found five great reasons to shop at the H Street Farmers Market.
- Urban Daddy got a peak at The Fruit Bat, another new establishment about to open on H Street.
- Thrillist headed out in search of hot dogs and found some great options on H Street.