Thanksgiving is usually a time for family, heated political discussions, football and shopping. While it is true that many of us will be staying put at home more than in other years, the Thanksgiving menu and caloric excess is one way to give the kickoff to the holiday season more of a feel of normalcy. (Just make sure you don’t hang out with anyone outside your bubble as much as possible– it seems small gatherings are helping fuel this third wave in record numbers, according to The Washington Post).
Below I have put together a list of where you can order dinners, turkeys, and more, with a little help from Feed the Malik, Barred in DC and the Capitol Hill BID. Enjoy and let’s make the most of this excess.
Barrel is offering a “Barreled Thanksgiving Feast” for guests to pick up on Wednesday, November 25
For $160.00, the feast serves 5-6 people and includes
- Barrel of Booze: 25 oz. barrel filled with choice of old fashioned, Manhattan, boulevardier, milk punch, or negroni; approx. 11 servings; guests keep the barrel, and can get it refilled for $50.00.
- Turkey or Ham: one 6-8 lb. brined turkey (uncooked with cooking instructions), or one 4-5 lb. apple-glazed ham (cooked with reheating instructions).
- Sides: stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry, green beans, biscuits, cranberry sauce (all prepared
- with reheating instructions if necessary).
- Dessert: Pecan pie.
To order, guests must e-mail email@example.com by 6 p.m. on Monday, November 23; inquiries for bigger turkeys may be accommodated. All feasts must be picked up on Wednesday, November 25. Barrel is closed on Thanksgiving Day.
From their site: Let us serve your table for Thanksgiving!
PRE-ORDER by Monday, November 23 HERE or call 202-544-0100.
CURBSIDE PICK-UP on Thursday, November 26th, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Belga Café, 514 8th Street SE
We will be happy to deliver meals to your loved ones. Delivery is available for Thursday, November 26th. Delivery range for 2 miles starts at $25.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are very thankful to our community for all the support during the last few years & we would love to give back to people in need! Please help us to make someone’s Thanksgiving Day during these hard times.
You can DONATE & we will double up & give Turkeys away to people that need our support!
- Thanksgiving To Go: $150 and serves 6-8 people. It includes a whole roasted 10-12 pound turkey with foie gras stuffing, cranberry sauce, gravy, traditional sides and a pumpkin cheesecake.
- To Go Family Meal Serves 1, 2 or 4 people. This options includes 3 courses, with choices like Lobster Bisque and Arugula Salad to start, main courses like Roasted Turkey Breast, Beef Wellington and Lamb Shank and a choice of creme brulee or pumpkin cheesecake for dessert.
- Dine-in Menu Thursday, November 26th, between noon and 9 p.m. for those who wish to celebrate at the restaurant. The three-course menu is priced at $50/person and includes choice of a starter, main course and dessert. Seating is available inside or on the winterized patio.
All orders can be made through the website. The deadline to order is Sunday, November 22nd at noon. Pick Up times are Wednesday, November 25th between 11:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Thursday, November 26th between 9:30 a.m. – noon. (via Capitol Hill BID)
Cafe Berlin has two options, via their site: You can pre-order a German-flavored Thanksgiving meal here ($85/two people). The meal will be ready to pick up on Wednesday, 11/25 from 3-5pm and you need to order by 4 p.m. on 11/20. Order here. You can dine in at the restaurant (menu) during one of three seatings: 1 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. Reserve here.
- STARTER (Choice of one)
- Kartoffel Pfannkuchen… potato pancakes, house made applesauce, sour cream
- Kuerbissuppe… sweet and sour pumpkin soup with whiskey cream
- ENTREE (Choice of one)
- Turkey Dinner… house roasted turkey, garlic-cheddar mashed potatoes, cornbread dressing, fall vegetable gratin, cranberry relish
- Bayerisches Bier Goulasch… dark beer and paprika seasoned stewed beef, spätzle, red cabbage
- Wildschwein Ragout… braised wild boar, roasted fall veggies, chanterelles
- DESSERT (Choice of one)
- Pumpkin Pie… sweetened with German sugarbeet syrup
- Derby Pie… chocolate bourbon pecan pie sweetened with German sugarbeet syrup
- Chess Pie… buttermilk pie
From their Instagram: Bring home a taste of the islands this Thanksgiving and let us cater your dinner!
All items are offered a la carte:
– Whole Smoked & Jerked Organic Heritage Turkey $180
– Plantain Stuffing $40
– Collard Greens $40
– Mac and Cheese $40
– Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes $40
– Bread Pudding $35
*meant to feed 4-6 people*
We will be accepting orders via our email – Catering@cane-dc.com until Saturday November 21, at 5 p.m.
Orders will be available for PICKUP ONLY on Wednesday November 25 between 9 a.m. and noon.
If you want to order your turkey or ham at Eastern Market, here are the numbers you can reach:
Canales Quality Meats: (202) 547-0542
Capitol Hill Poultry: (202) 544-4435
Market Poultry: (202) 543-2840
Union Meat: (202) 547-2626
- Preorder by Monday, November 23 for pickup 11/23-11/25. Thanksgiving for 2 or 4
- Lemon and herb stuffed turkey ballotine
- Roasted brussel sprouts with almond gremolada
- Garlicy mashed potatoes with sherry gravy
- Mom’s sausage stuffing
- & Gram’s rolls with everything butter
- Festive Drinks
- Thanksgiving wine pairings
- Cranberry sangria
- Mike and Ikes hot cider
- Forth Wiseman gin cocktail (via Capitol Hill BID)
Chef Kenny Clay is offering Thanksgiving meal packages for two, four, or eight people. Alternately, entrees and sides can be ordered a la carte, including Pat’s Mac N Cheese, Cornbread Stuffing, and Candied Yams. Place your orders by November 20th for pickup in Ivy City. (via Feed the Malik)
You can preorder a turkey for delivery on Tuesday, November 24 at Eastern Market by filling the form here. For THIH readers who live in other parts of town, they are delivering at Mount Pleasant, Chevy Chase and other markets, so make sure you check out the form.
Desserts aren’t the only thing at the Thanksgiving table, but they may be the most important one (right up there with good stuffing). Ice Cream Jubilee is offering ice cream pies in Apple Butter Oatmeal Cookie and Pumpkin Honeycomb, which you can pick up in store or ship to your family far away, so they can get a taste of what you were probably going to bring to the table. Click here to order.
Jackie has a Thanksgiving meal package for $258 which feeds six to eight people, complete with Turkey, gravy, sides, and dessert. Preorder for pickup. (via Feed the Malik)
The beloved Brentwood catering, sandwich and breakfast spot has a magnificent-looking Thanksgiving Dinner open-faced sandwich you should not sleep on. If you’re looking for a classic pairing of flavors — turkey, mash, stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce– but don’t want to wait until actual Turkey Day, MGM is a really good bet! They are open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Saturday and you can call your order ahead at 202-248-0389
This farm is off-Hill (about a 30-min drive), but our local farmers need support. Miller Farms offers full Thanksgiving boxes in all different sizes– for 4-8 people, 8-12 people and 12-16 people. Order here. Additionally, you can pick up grocery staples, boxes of produce — a CSA on your schedule– as well as cakes, pies, homemade doughnuts and more Keep them in mind for spring strawberry-picking season. 10140 Piscataway Road, Clinton, MD.
Every Thanksgiving meal needs pie, and the Pie Shop has you covered, both for sweet AND savory pies. Click here to browse and order from their catalog of Thanksgiving pies and click here to order pie anytime! Mm. Pie.
Want a Thanksgiving feast that says, Buon appetito? Let Radici feed you! Their special Thanksgiving menu is up and running at their site. Choose from delicious-sounding things like Corn Ciao-der (the pun! I want to eat it!) and Roasted Radici Roots (Radici means “roots” in Italian!). You can put in your order as late as Sunday, November 22, for pick-up on Wednesday or Thanksgiving Day. Click here to place your order.
Feast: $240 (2-4 ppl; 1/2 turkey), $480 (4-8 ppl; whole turkey)
All Natural Lemon-Pepper Brined & Roasted Turkey & Gravy
Charred Brussels Sprout Caesar Salad
Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes
Roasted Fall Veggies with Sherry Vinaigrette & Pomegranate
Classic Can of Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce
Kings Hawaiian Rolls & a donation to the DC Food Project
A La Carte (everything except turkey): $96 sides package for 2 (all the sides). Other items
Pickup for later reheat 5:30-7 p.m. Tue/Wed 11/24-25 (via Barred in DC)
Preorder your Thanksgiving Dinner from Sonoma TODAY!
In the spirit of this very non-traditional year, we’ve leaned away from turkey and towards the freshest local produce for a truly seasonal Fall Harvest Feast.
Feed two people for $75 or four people for $140. Order here.
Autumn Salad with local beets, heirloom carrots, wheatberries, toasted walnuts, herbed goat cheese dressing
Choice of Smoked Duck Lasagna OR Forest Mushroom Lasagna
Roasted Fingerling Sweet Potatoes
Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
Fall Fruit Crisp with pears, apples, dried cranberries
• Simple reheating and assembly instructions included
• Prepaid pickup on select dates: Tue 11/24 or Wed 11/25
• Orders must be placed by Wed 11/18
• $75 dinner for two; $140 dinner for 4 includes full menu above
• Plus extra Family-Style Starters and Thanksgiving Wine Shop available a la carte
For $24.94 per person, the Tune has a housemade roasted turkey with gravy, buttery mashed potatoes, roasted honey-glazed yams, green beans, traditional stuffing, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie. It’s a GOOD DEAL. You can do pre-order and pickup on Thanksgiving Day between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Call (202) 543-2725 or email email@example.com by Sunday, November 22. Cash only.
By Maria Helena Carey No Comments Views