I don’t know about you but this week has felt both shorter than usual (thanks, Labor Day!) and about A MILLION YEARS LONGER. Blame it on all the natural disasters that are turning up the Biblical heat around here or, really, take your pick. You know what we all need? Games and happiness and fun, and to figure out what the heck Sleeping Queens are and how does one go about a) becoming one or b) figuring out that it’s actually a super fun game and HEY, YOU CAN MEET THE GUY WHO DESIGNED IT.
I’m talking about shutting off your phone notifications and getting yourself and your best people (your fam, your squad, yourself) tickets to WashingCon right now. Get tickets through this link RIGHT HERE. Adult tickets are $40 for the whole weekend or $25 for the day, kids are $30 for the weekend, $15 for the day, and kids under 2 are free. Look: You love Labyrinth Games & Puzzles because it has an amazing selection of games and puzzles and because they can anticipate your gaming needs better than you can. WashingCon, taking place at the Georgetown University Hotel and Convention center, may be off-Hill, sure, but it has the best of the Hill spirit within. It also has the following cool stuff:
- Library of over 500 games to borrow and play.
- Tournaments for all levels of gamers, run by professional judges.
- Demonstrations from major game publishers.
- Dedicated room for role-playing games like Dungeons & Dragons™.
- Door prizes, free games, and giveaways.
- Panels about games and game design.
- Unpub Protozone showcases upcoming games from local independent designers.
- Costume parades for kids 3- 12.
It’ll be fun and exciting and just the kind of wholesome fun we all need, because if we keep watching the news we are all going to fall apart.
WHERE: Georgetown University Hotel and Convention center, 3800 Reservoir Road NW
WHEN: Saturday September 9 and Sunday September 10. Doors open at 10 a.m. both days.
WHY: Guys. Just go. Online sales end today at NOON, so get your tickets now or you can get them at the door.