13 Aug 2017


Living On The Hill: Who’s Responsible for Your Local Park?

Whether you are new to the Hill or simply trying to remember what resources are available to you, we are here to help! Please enjoy and share our Living on the Hill guides, intended to help you find everything you need while visiting or living on Capitol Hill. We love to be a resource to our neighbors, so please send us a note through social media or to info@thehillishome.com if you have suggestions for additional guides.

Dog Photoshoot

Photo by Caroline Angelo on Flickr

Federal and local government agencies and Business Improvement Areas (BIDs) take care of the many parks and public green spaces on Capitol Hill. Knowing who is in charge of your local swath of green can get confusing. Never fear!  Below is a list of the agencies who oversee our local parks, their home on the web, and the best number to reach them.

Note: District of Columbia agencies and BIDs are usually excellent at replying via social media.

Architect of the Capitol


Oversees Providence Park (2nd and E Streets SE)

DC Parks and Recreation

On Twitter: https://twitter.com/DCDPR

Oversees Garfield Park (200 F St. SE)

National Park Service – Capitol Hill

Part of the United States Department of the Interior

(202) 690-5185

Oversees the following parks:

Folger Park (2nd and D Streets SE)

Lincoln Park (11th and East Capitol Streets SE)

Marion Park (4th and E Streets SE)

Seward Square (4th Street and Pennsylvania Ave. SE)

Stanton Park (4th and C Streets NE)

Capitol Riverfront BID


On Twitter: https://twitter.com/CapitolRvrFront

Oversees the following parks:

Yards Park (355 Water St. SE)

Canal Park (2nd and M Streets SE)

Did we miss your local park or green area? Drop us a line at info@thehillishome.com! 

Tags: , , , , , , ,

What's trending

Comments are closed.

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Add to Flipboard Magazine.