Heads up, Capitol Hill! The annual Rock & Roll Marathon this weekend will be bringing road closures in all corners of the Capitol Hill neighborhood.
From approximately 7:30am until noon on Saturday, the following roads will be closed:
- E. Capitol St NE closed from 22nd St NE to 19th ST NE and from 11th St SE to 2nd St NE
- Pennsylvania Ave SE (westbound) closed from 4th St SE to 2nd St SE
- Independence Ave (eastbound) closed from 2nd St SE to3rd St SE
- 3rd St SE closed from E. Capitol St SE to E St SE
In addition, there will be no parking allowed on the following streets from 12am-noon:
- East Capitol Street NE from 4th Street SE to 3rd Street SE (South side of the street)
- A Street NE from 14th Street NE to North Carolina Ave NE North (North side of the street)
I know that such expansive road closures can be a massive inconvenience when you need to get somewhere on a Saturday morning, but running a marathon or half marathon is a huge accomplishment that these runners have been training months for — even in the snow and ice that has kept many of us indoors. So hold your gripes and cheering them on. The more cheers, the more motivated the runners are to keep moving. And the faster they move, the sooner you can get your streets back!