You know how the best part of Thanksgiving is to be able to pull on your dressiest sweatpants and eat until the tryptophan kicks in? That’s right: The best way to give thanks is to eat at home. The following post is made possible in part by our Twitter community. You have shared favorite Thanksgiving meals to-go and I have compiled them here, in addition to several deals from around the neighborhood. Order early and Happy Thanksgiving! Don’t see a place you love? Email me at email@example.com and I’ll add it.
In the neighborhood
- The Duck and the Peach: $200 per package, serves 4. Order via Tock.
- Beucherts Saloon: Packages start at $95 for 2 people. Order via Upserve.
- Side Door Pizza: Packages start at $80 for 2 people. Order via Square.
- Neighborhood Provisions: Trays, bites and package dinners that start at $120 for 2. Order on their website.
- Osteria Morini: Dinner for 2 for $125. Order on their website.
- Bistro Cacao: $150 for a package that serves 6-8. Order during open hours via ToastTab.
- Barrel: $220 for a Barreled Thanksgiving that serves 4-5 and comes with a 25 oz. barrel filled with one of five signature cocktails. ($200 if you prefer the turkey uncooked). Order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 17th.
- Rose’s at home: Packages start at $220 to feed 2-4. Order via Tock.
- Cafe Berlin: Thanksgiving dinners to go start at $50 per person. Order via Upserve.
- Sonoma: Portions a la carte, all designed to serve 4. Plenty of vegetarian options. Order via Tock.
- Tune Inn: $35 per person gets you a traditional meal with all the fixins and pie. Can confirm, the portions are incredibly generous and tasty. Order by emailing email@example.com
- Sfoglina Pasta House: Available at their Downtown, Rosslyn and Van Ness Locations. Turkey and pasta for about $80 per person. Order on their website.
- Federalist Pig: Packages start at $160 and feed 4-6. Add-ons a la carte. Order on their website.
- Farmers and Distillers: $42.99 per person. Available 7 days before Turkey Day. Pre-order through their site.
- Convivial: $60 per person. Order via Tock.
- Bidwell: Offering a la carte traditional staples with a humane and sustainable twist. Access the order form here and send to BidwellDC@gmail.com
- Fare Well and Sticky Fingers: Vegan and gluten-free vegan packages starting at $80 for two. You can also order from their selection of vegan pies, cheesecake and cookies. Order via their website.
- DC Vegan: Starts at $315 for a completely vegan Thanksgiving meal for 4-6, from entrée to sides to dessert. Order through their website.
- Social Beast: Plenty of vegetarian options. All offerings a la carte. Order via Square.
- Whole Foods: Offering a la carte vegan items, available at your nearest location. Order on their website.
Fun, different, heartwarming
- City Winery: Offering a special package of wines, recipes and a playlist for $148, shipped directly to your home. Order directly on their website.
- Ice Cream Jubilee: Offering seasonal flavor tasting flights and full-size flavors. More information here. They also have two seasonal pies and are making a donation to Feed the Fridge. Order via Square.
- Dolcezza Gelato: Offering a four-pack of seasonal flavors for $79. Order via Goldbelly.
- Want as many families in the neighborhood as possible to have a happy Thanksgiving? Consider donating to our friends at Everyone Home DC. They want to make sure every family in their care receives a $50 gift card as well as grocery and debit cards. You can make a monetary donation or an actual gift card donation. Click here to learn more.
- Our friends at Hill’s Kitchen will be open until 2 p.m. on Thanksgiving day, for your last-minute shenanigans.