It sounds a little hard to believe, but there was an actual football season that happened, which means that the Super Bowl is happening this Sunday, February 7. And even though Patrick Mahomes is quite dishy, I hope Tom Brady wins it for Generation X. Wait no… I just remembered he
wore had a MAGA hat at one point, so IT’S THE CHIEFS ALL THE WAY BABY (I have not watched a single game this season).
Here are a few links so your (SOCIALLY DISTANT) Super Bowl party goes really well:
- Super Bowl 55 is happening this Sunday, February 7 at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida (which happens to be the Bucs’ home turf). The show starts at 6:30, but you know you’ll be watching hours before that. Click here to watch online.
- Do you want to skip the pigskin pageantry and get to the good stuff? Click here to watch ALL the ads this year and click here to go to Discovery’s Puppy Bowl. You can also vote for most pupular and yes, I squeed when I typed that. Good job, Discovery.
- If you want to only tune in for Halftime, YOU BETTER because THE WEEKND IS SINGING!!!! More information about the Halftime show here.
- Finally, why not check out the best new thing for your entertainment: Superb Owl V, via The Atlantic.
Okay– now that you know what you’re actually tuning in for, let’s get you some grub. Here are a few local places doing it up big. Call or order ahead– if you wait until Sunday, it’s looking like bread sandwiches for you.
- Valor Brewpub and Big Frank’s BBQ truck have an incredible ribby/wingy/cheesy/barbecue-ey menu for the Super Bowl. You can check out the special menu and make sure to place your order by Friday, February 5. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 547-8459.
- DC Harvest has a great Super Bowl appetizer menu which you can check out here and preorder here. All the items are gluten free but 100% delicious sounding.
- Duffy’s Hot Wing Hotline is up and running. They WILL sell out so plan accordingly. They have a 50 wing minimum order. Click here or call 202-462-WING.
- Shilling Canning Company is doing a package for two (so, individual portions, basically) that includes an array of snacks and possibilities for add-ons like oysters. Eat things Tom Brady can’t! You can place your order here.
- All-Purpose in Capitol Riverfront is doing Super Bowl specials. Email them at email@example.com to inquire.
- Fight Club: From Instagram: “The package ($95 for 3-4 ppl) includes: 1 quart of Chef Drew’s Chili with garnishes, 4 house-made half smokes with buns, Nachos with chili, queso, pickled chilis and pico de gallo and 10 Smoked Wings with Cheddar Sauce. Place your order for pick up on 2/7 fightclubdc.com. 6- and 4-packs of beer + punch available for an additional charge.”
- The Haymaker Bar is accepting your game day pre-orders through Saturday, February 6. They have wings packages, tots and hummus, as well as an array of punches and other merrymaking beverages. Order here or give them a call at (202) 339-0020.
- Union Pub has takeout specials for pre-order. Place your order by this Friday, February 5 and pick up between 1-6 p.m. on gameday. Order here. But where can I get a “Give me totchos or give me death” towel?
That’s it! Are you a Ward 6 restaurant running Super Bowl specials? Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I am happy to add your specials.