22 Jun 2011

Fire at the Tune-Inn

photo by Tommy Wells

This morning at around 7:15 am, a fire was reported at the Tune Inn, 333 1/2 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE, according to DC Fire & EMS.  Originally thought, incorrectly, to be at the Hawk n’ Dove next door, the fire seems to have started in the kitchen and has caused moderate damage to the place — although judging by early Twitter accounts, it appears not to be too badly damaged, at least from the outside.

DC Fire & EMS later tweeted that staff called 911, there were no injuries and the apparently accidental fire has caused $75K in damage.  Councilmember Tommy Wells tweeted the above picture and added, “At the Tune Inn. Fire contained to kitchen. Hawk and Dove OK. Reopen in couple months.”  We Love DC tweeted, “According to staff on-site, it’ll be a couple weeks before they reopen. Whole kitchen needs to be replaced.”

Our thoughts are with the Tune Inn and we will be updating this post as we learn more news.

Pictures from the scene this morning:


Tags: ,

What's trending

2 responses to “Fire at the Tune-Inn”

  1. Anonymous says:

    Sad for the restaurant, but frankly, I’m hoping this means a few weeks reprieve from our sidewalks being littered with egg shells and coated in grease.

  2. Tammy G says:

    Can you can confirm or deny that the deer butt survived? 😉

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Add to Flipboard Magazine.