You were invited to parties or hang-outs at friends’ houses but you said to yourself, “Who goes out on Amateur Night?”
But now you want to go out on New Year’s Eve and you have no idea where to go or what even is open. We feel you, friends. Here at The Hill is Home we are often gripped by an anguishing blend of #FOMO (otherwise known as “Fear of Missing Out”) and #BSPAHIABIMOTTT (otherwise known as “But Sweatpants At Home Is A Better Idea Most of the Time, Though”– a hashtag we don’t expect to catch on anytime soon), and we *definitely* understand all about being indecisive until the last moment, only to sit there watching Ryan Seacrest and his shellacked smiling face making you feel older, much in the same way Dick Clark did until he really didn’t anymore. That was sad, just now.
ANYWAY! Big thanks to Barred in DC for sharing his master list with us. If you want to go off-Hill, stop by his blog and take a look: https://barredindc.com/2016/11/28/where-to-ring-in-2017-in-dc-bars-new-years-eve-guide/
Also, stop by Frozen Tropics’ NYE guide: She has a few destinations that we did not include in this round-up, north of H Street.
Special events (May be sold out as of publishing time, so check in advance)
H Street NE
- Liberty Tree– 5 p.m.–10 p.m, 3-course meals for $25 or $30 with a flute of champagne
- DC Harvest: Chef’s Tasting Menu for $59/person, plus complimentary amuse-bouche and champagne toast at midnight.
- Rock and Roll Hotel – 8p-4a – $85 ($100 at door) open bar + limited app buffet at 8p + DJs + roof deck + 2 balloon drops + photo booth
- H St Country Club – 9p-2a – $69 ($85 at door) open bar (margaritas, beer, wine & rail drinks_ + mini golf + Prom theme
- Little Miss Whiskey’s – 10p-close – $95 – top shelf open bar + hosted by Closed Sessions + multiple DJs
- Driftwood Kitchen – 10p-2a- $45 open bar + DJ upstairs – no cover downstairs
- Maketto – 9p-2a – $100 – open bar + all you can eat + DJs + champagne/pizza midnight toast
- Church & State – 8:30p-close – $79 (before 12/12) includes All-American craft cocktail at 9:30p, 10p, 10:30p, 11p, 11:30p and midnight – Choose either GLASS (gin, vodka, light rum)
or WOOD (Rye & Bourbon Whiskey, Aged Rum) – email reservations at email@example.com
RedRocks H Street – 9p-4a- $55 Early Bird inc. open bar from 9p-midnight + DJs on all floors + Black Tie Affair
Mythology + Lore Lounge – $35 ($60 couples) inc. 1 hr open bar
- The Pug – Miller High Life midnight toast
- Sticky Rice – 9p-3a – free RSVP – “The Last NYE Ever”
- Atlas Arcade – bubbly toast
- Granville Moore’s
- Haymaker Bar – bubbly toast
- The Big Board –Open until 3 a.m.
- Star & Shamrock – midnight whiskey toast
- Ben’s Upstairs – midnight bubbly toast + special NYE food items
- Cotton + Reed (Around the corner from Union Market)– open til 4 a.m.
CAPITOL HILL / EASTERN MARKET / NAVY YARD
- Kelly’s Irish Times – 9p-1a – $59 open bar (discount for bringing 10 friends) – heavy apps
- The Ugly Mug – 9p-1a – $65 open bar
- Mr. Henry’s – 7:30-close – $130 ($240 couples) + open bar + live jazz (Aaron Myers II 9:30p-12:30a) + seafood/raw bar from 7:30-9 + apps/buffet bar from 7:30p-12:30a (more early in night)
- Union Pub – 8p-2:30a – $50 – open bar (beer & select rail liquor) + “Formal Kegger” theme + pour-your-own-beer keggerators, trashcans full of canned beers, bar games, AYCD select liquor, complimentary appetizers + DJ
- Beuchert’s Saloon – 8p-2a – $140 – open bar + old school eats, such as rib roasts, passed small bites and a raw bar + Jos A Magnus cocktaisl + 1920s theme – “A Very Peaky” NYE”
- Barrel – 9p-3a – $100 – open bar (premium spirits, hand-selected bourbons, house cocktails, draft beer, and wine, bourbon tasting stations) + pig roast (Pigs, Fried Chicken, Lobster Mac, and many sides) all you can eat.
- Lavagna – 10p-3a – $75 – premium open bar + passed apps + DJ + both bars open
- Scarlet Oak – 9p-2:30a – $30 early bird – inc. premium open bar/apps from 9:30-10:30p
- Ambar – 9p-12:30a – $79 AYCE small plates at bar + cash bar
- Trusty’s – sparkling wine toast at midnight + Bus Bar private party rented out
- Boxcar Tavern – sparkling wine toast + HH after 10p – $2 off drafts/wine/rail
- Capitol Lounge – HH 7 p.m.-1 a.m. (and you can watch football with them the following day!)
- Agua 301 – DJ 10 p.m.-2 a.m.
Did we miss an event? Did you tell us and we forgot? Drop us a line/tell us we suck. We’ll do better next year: firstname.lastname@example.org