- DCist shared the awesome story of a Capitol Hill girl who wrote to George Lucas and to the owner of Toys ‘R’ Us about the lack of female Star Wars action figures.
- ANC 6B Commissioner Brian Flahaven reported that last week that Mayor Gray submitted legislation to the DC Council related to the surplus declaration and disposition of Parcels F1 & G1 of the Hill East/Reservation 13 development.
- District Source published the Hill Rag’s tribute to Steve Cymrot.
- JDLand got the updates on openings and such for many new businesses around Yards Park.
- Hill Now reported that Van Ness Elementary will open next fall with two kindergarten classes.
- Greater Greater Washington examined the proposals for the intersection of Potomac and Pennsylvania Avenues, SE.
- The Washington Post‘s “Where We Live” series checked out Barracks Row.
- Capitol Hill Corner recapped the second meeting between neighbors and the National Park Service on the proposed Swamp Fox memorial in Marion Park.
- The Washington Post also covered the proposed statue for Marion Park, and the hurdles residents face in stopping such projects in neighborhood parks that are controlled by the National Park Service.
09 Dec 2014