- This isn’t specific to Capitol Hill and I usually don’t get into political stuff but I love Uber and want to see them continue to expand in our area. They need you to contact your council member NOW to tell them to strike down an amendment to a bill that will prevent the company from lowering its fares. Read more at Uber Blog and DCist.
- Frozen Tropics got 242 comments suggesting new names for the Mystery Bar. Which one do you think will win?? You can see her pictures of the bar, which opens today, here.
- Huffington Post raved about Toki Underground’s dumplings.
- Tommy Wells finally said he’s interested in running for mayor in 2014. (DCist, Huffington Post).
- DCist noted that SmartPlanet rated DC as the 14th best city in the world to live in. ANC Commissioner Norm Metzger added that Capitol Hill is the best neighborhood. We agree!
- Greater Greater Washington looked at why the National Capital Park and Planning Commission declared Capitol Hill, along with a few other neighborhoods “obsolete” in 1950.
- City Desk reported that the sitcom “H Street” won’t be much about H Street after all.
By Claudia Holwill 2 Comments 1 Views