- Be careful walking around on your phone — even on busy streets in the middle of the day — a woman on East Capitol Street had her iPhone stolen out of her hand by someone on a Capital Bikeshare bike. More at DC Curbed.
- Young & Hungry
Housing Complexreported that the Hilton Brothers are pulling out of their plans for 1337 H Street NE, and Frozen Tropics notes a bit of history many might not know about the building – it used to be an illegal funeral home and has recently hosted some art performances, one of which got a bit out of control…
- Hine Recap: Housing Complex, ANC Commissioner Norm Metzger, EMMCA, Sociology in My Neighborhood
- DCist checked out the new mural on Smith Common’s side wall.
- Housing Complex reported that the case against The Heritage Foundation’s third floor pop up on their annex building on Pennsylvania Avenue has been thrown out on technicalities.
- Frozen Tropics shared news about what’s planned for Union Market.
- Housing Complex detailed a fight between the neighbors and owners of the church at 7th and A Streets, NE over the removal of windows. DePhillis explains, “the case is raising a fundamental question of the sort usually mulled by the church’s neighbors at the Supreme Court: Does the First Amendment, combined with property rights, trump historic preservation?”
By Claudia Holwill 2 Comments 1 Views