Good morning, Capitol Hill! I hope this overcast weather isn’t getting you too down. If you haven’t invested in some rain boots, I think you’re over due. But to the girls on the metro in Uggs — it’s really not that cold yet. Not that I’m a fashion expert but, really? Oh, the things I see now that I’m commuting by Metro in the mornings again. It’s great entertainment.
- There are no shortage of opinions on the proposed name change of the Navy Yard Metro to include a curly W. JDLand covers it, as does DCist and Greater Greater Washington here and here. Is anyone in support of this?
- H Street Great Street reported that Taylor Gourmet is bringing cheesesteaks to H Street at a new locatoin — Taylor Charles Steak & Ice at 1320 H Street. EaterDC also provides some details.
- What could bring more debate than a proposal to look at capping liquor licenses? As we reported last week, the next neighborhood to consider it is H Street. Reactions from DCist and City Paper.
- Housing Complex reported on some of the details for a condo project in Hill East, across from Eastern High School.
- Frozen Tropics alerted us to continuing issues at H Street Self Storage.
- Greater Greater Washington covered Tommy Wells’ move to turn parking spaces into parks for the annual Park(ing) Day, a day to promote going car-free. My question is — did they have to pay the meters for the day?
- Great Greater Washington attended the public meeting held by CSX, which provided far less information than folks were expecting.