It’s a week of food links here in Hill Buzz. The other writers make fun of me for food-filled round ups — they know I read a few too many food blogs — but what do you expect in August? Half of our neighbors are out of town, so there just isn’t much else to talk about. Well, there is still the weather but I think we’re all a bit tired of that by now. I’d say we should talk about sports but the Nats are not wowing anyone and NFL pre-season isn’t really anything to talk about. So I bring you food — old favorites and new. Time to pick up a croissant to go along with that cup of coffee and enjoy.
- The Washington Post reviewed Mangialardo and Sons, which serves the favorite Italian sub, according to our poll.
- After dining at Good Stuff, the POTUS returned to the neighborhood to get a burger from Ted’s Bulletin. Read more at Eater DC, Young & Hungry, and Obama Foodorama.
- Frozen Tropics alerted us to a new cupcake shop in NE.
- And in non-food news, People’s District interviewed Jim Toole of Capitol Hill Books.
- DC Wire reported that Tommy Wells is safe an uninjured — although stranded in Minnesota — after totaling his wife’s Prius in a collision with a deer. He hopes to be back in time for school to open next week.