It’s a new year for community meetings — new commissioners were sworn in after the New Year and they will be taking their seats at their first meetings this week. This could have a potentially significant impact in some of the more contentious issues that have been coming up in recent meetings. At the same time, most of this month’s agendas are fairly light but I am sure there will be plenty to watch.
Here is the schedule, in case you plan to attend your ANC and PSA meeting:
- Monday, January 10: ANC 6D will meet at 7 pm at the Courtyard Marriott Hotel, 140 L Street SE, in the 2nd Floor Admiral Rooms. The agenda can be found on their website.
- Tuesday, January 11: ANC 6B will meet at 7pm at Brent Elementary School, located at 301 North Carolina, SE (note the new meeting location). The full agenda can be found on their website. The PSA 102 monthly meeting, usually scheduled for 7pm at the Sherwood Recreation Center, corner of 10th and G Streets, NE, has been canceled due to the expectation of tonight’s snow forecast.
- Wednesday, January 12: ANC 6C will meet at 7pm at the Heritage Foundation, located at 214 Massachusetts Avenue NE. The full agenda can be found on their website. Their website has not been updated to reflect this meeting, so please check back before you go and contact your commissioner. Also on Wednesday, the PSA 103 monthly meeting will be held at 7pm at Miner Elementary School, 601 15th Street, NE.
- Thursday, January 13: ANC 6A will meet at 7pm at Miner Elementary, 601 15th Street, NE. The agenda can be found on their website.
- Thursday, January 20: The PSA 107 monthly meeting will be held at Liberty Baptist Church 527 Kentucky Avenue, SE at 7pm.
- Wednesday, January 26: The Eastern Market Community Advisory Committee will hold its monthly meeting in Eastern Market’s North Hall at 6:30pm.