I’m officially sick of the snow. It was fun and all in December, and the first round in January was cool…then it just got old. And now it’s just messy and annoying. So on to one of my favorite things: food, and more specifically, breakfast food! Yep, here’s your friendly reminder that Capital City Diner opened at 6 am this morning! Although, how could you really forget with the amount of attention it’s been getting in the blogs and at the Washington Post? It’s definitely worth a visit but I’m guessing there will be a wait if you go during breakfast or lunch-rush times. In case you have managed to miss all of the coverage, you can read reviews at Young & Hungry, The Washington Post, Prince of Petworth, Frozen Tropics, and We Love DC. After reading all of those reviews, you’re sure to be hungry, so go grab a doughnut and coffee and enjoy some more reading from the last week.
- H Street Great Street has a summary of the most recent ANC6A meeting, including updates on the Biergarten Haus, Liberty Tree, and Dangerously Delicious Pies.
- JD Land reported that the NHL 2011 classic may be held at Nationals’ Park, with a possible match up between the Caps and the Pens. It’s unconfirmed but would be pretty fun if it happened!
- Frozen Tropics found the new web site for Liberty Tree.
- Apparently Capitol Hill residents are the most territorial about their parking spots post-snow storm. City Desk shared a few stories and notes left for parking spot poachers…
- Prince of Petworth shared an unsubstantiated rumor that the owners of Wisdom purchased the property next to Granville Moore’s (possibly the Martini Lounge) to open a bar upstairs and expanded seating for Granville’s downstairs. According to the comments, Frozen Tropics thinks it’s more likely not true.